Wednesday 16 July 2014

St Mark's Square.

We did a wonderful tour of the Bell tower. I won't detail the history here, but the mechanics of the bell ringer, and the story of the clockmaker is worth learning about. 


The bowing characters who appear on the balcony twice a year..
At Yuletide and on some other portent Catholic occasion which
escapes me.

I liked the "digital" modernisation of the clock, and really enjoyed the view from the top. 
Digital clock.. Venice style

I didn't tour the Doge's Palace. I visit Venice once every 3 or 4 decades, so I'll do it next time.





















After 4 days in Venice I concluded that you could easily spend a month here and still be thirsty for more of this unique city. I hope I can come back one day.


Fly away from Venice...



But all good things come to an end. Finito Venzia, bring on Geneva!



Some images from the trip to Geneva






No comments:

Post a Comment